This page presents the reports drafted in the first phase of the public consultation on the joint EU-Africa Strategy (February-May, 2007). It is based on the internet consultation as well as the two civil society conferences that have taken place in Africa and Europe respectively.
What issues were raised and to what extent were they reflected in the first outline?
This ECDPM paper summarizes issues raised and provides an analysis of to what extent these have or have not been integrated in the outline approved on 15 May – html ; doc.
- Report without annexes – doc
- Annex 1: Contributing organisations – doc
- Annex 2: Position papers by organisations –pdf
- Annex 3: Main conclusions and recommendations from African Civil Society consultation in Accra, Ghana – doc
- Annex 4: Comments by organisations and individuals – pdf
African Civil Society conference, Accra (Ghana), 26-28 March 2007
– Conference report – pdf
Conference on Civil Society and the Joint EU-Africa Strategy, Bad Honnef (Germany), 23-24 April 2007
– Key conference messages as presented to EU-Africa Troika experts at their meeting 26-28 April – doc
– Key conference messages as included in the final conference report – pdf ; doc
– Final conference report – pdf ; doc
– Key points from the Thematic Working Groups:
- Governance, democracy and human rights – doc
- Key Development Issues – doc
- Trade and Regional Integration – doc
- Peace and Security – doc
More information on the conference is available here.
Post your comments