The conference will bring together high level representatives from governments, regional economic communities, pan-African institutions, donors, investors, business and academia. It aims to help maintain momentum and support for regional integration, focusing political pressure on further progress. It will look at how African institutions, donors, business and other investors, work together, with an emphasis on better joint working. The conference is being organized jointly with the African Union Commission, the African Development Bank, the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, the World Bank, the European Commission, the Infrastructure Consortium for Africa, and the UK Department for International Development (DfID).
Speakers will notably include :
· Gareth Thomas, Minister of State, UK Department for International Development
· Pascal Lamy, Director General, World Trade Organisation
· Erastus Mwencha, Deputy Chair of the African Union Commission
· Donald Kaberuka, President, AfDB
· Andris Piebalgs, Development Commissioner, European Commission
More information is available on DfID website.