AU The 16th Ordinary Session of the African Union (AU) Summit under the theme: “Towards greater unity and integration through shared values” ended on Monday 31st January 2011 in Addis Ababa with more commitment of the AU Heads of State and Government to the Assembly Decisions and Declarations arrived at during their deliberations.
Concerning the Africa-EU dialogue it states:
The Assembly, took note of the Report of the Third Africa-European Union (EU) Summit held in Tripoli, Great Libyan Arab Jamahiriya on 29 and 30 November 2010; commended the Great Socialist peoples Libyan Arab Jamahiriya for the successful hosting of the Summit; welcomed the Tripoli Declaration and Second Action Plan 2011-2013; called upon Member States, the Regional Economic Communities, the private sector, the Pan-African Parliament, civil society and all other stakeholders to actively participate in the implementation process; they requested the African Union Commission and Member States in collaboration with the European Commission to engage in further discussions with a view to establishing an African Integration Facility.
Other decisions and declarations concern:
- The implementation of the previous decisions of the Executive Council and the Assembly
- The continental launch of the African Women’s Decade
- The implementation of the Decisions on the International Criminal Court (ICC)
- The abuse of the Principle of Universal Jurisdiction
- The implementation of the African Union Solemn Declaration on Gender Equality In Africa
- The African Charter on the Values and Principles of Public Service and Administration
- The Report of the Peace and Security Council on its Activities and the state of peace and security in Africa
- The situations in Djibuouti, the Horn of Africa, Burundi, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Sudan, Dafur, the Central African Republic, Côte d’Ivoire, Repulic of Guinea, Guinea-Bisseau, Tunisia and Egypt
- The final report of the chairperson of the Commission on the year of Peace and Security in Africa
- A decision on the Hissene Habre Case
- The Decision on the Transformation of the African Union Commission into The African Union Authority
- Climate change
- Africa-Arab Cooperation
- G20 Summit
- Centenary of the African National Congress
- The Global African Diaspora Summit
- The role of women as a resource for sustainable development and economic growth in Africa
- The UNSC reform
- The appointment of members of the Advisory Board on Corruption
- The appointment of a member of the African Committee of Experts on the Rights And Welfare of the Child.
For further information consult the full text of the declarations and decisons document.
Post your comments