AU Organised by the African Union Commission (AUC) in collaboration with the European Commission (EC) the Joint Task Force will meet at the African Union Headquarters today, 19 October 2011. The AUC and EC Joint Task Force will discuss implementation of the Second Action Plan of the Joint Africa-EU Strategy adopted at the 2nd Africa-EU Summit held in Tripoli, Libya on 29-30 November 2010.
The meeting will among others, discuss the ongoing implementation of the Second Action Plan of the Joint Africa-EU Strategy (2011-2013) with a focus on outreach and concrete outcomes; to present the support mechanism that will facilitate the functioning of the partnerships.
Further items on the draft agenda are:
– Cross Cutting Issues on the implementation of the JAES
– Improving institutional architecture (iJEGs, political & sectoral dialogue, mobilisation of actors, future reflection)
– Pan African financing Instrument (Pan African Integration Facility)
– JAES support and financing
– Presentation of JAES Communication Strategy
– Bilateral Cooperation meeting in Legal Issues: bilateral meeting between the Commission and EC
– Increasing synergy between the Regional Indicative Programmes (RIPs) and the JAES, in the context of the Mid-Term review of RIPs
Participants are representatives from the African Union, European Union, Regional Economic Communities (RECs), and Joint Expert Groups (JEGs) Co-chairs.
Post your comments