23-24 April 2012: Maputo, Mozambique
The objectives of the conference are:
- To discuss the impact of the increasing presence of emerging actors in Africa (e.g. on economic and political governance, national development, domestic accountability, regional integration processes), on EU-Africa relations and, more widely, on global relations.
- Devising risks and opportunities that arise from changes brought by the presence and operating modes of emerging global actors.
Read the full concept note here.
Speakers’ short biographies.
Conference speeches, papers and presentations
- Henrique Banze, Vice-Minister for Foreign Affairs and Cooperation, Mozambique: English – Portuguese
- Agostinho Zacarias, UNDP Resident Representative, South Africa: English – Portuguese
- António Pedro, Director UNECA, Rwanda: English
- Martyn Davies, CEO Frontier Advisory: English
- Ana Cristina Alves, Senior Researcher SAIIA: English – Portuguese
- Nelson Ocuano, Empresa Nacional de Hidrocarbonetos (ENH), Mozambique: English – Portuguese